Built in 1914 by the Oklahoma Iron Works, of Tulsa, OK; this bridge, now abandoned, once carried south Mingo Road over this creek south of Bixby.
Pictured as Figure 57 in ODOT's Spans of Time, this bridge, above, is a far cry from what it was like while still in use when they photographed it in 1993. The bridge is now quite derelict, and straddles nothing, because the creek was re-routed when the new bridge was built.
Below, a view of the bridge from the side. Although originally built as a bedstead truss, hence the vertical endposts, this bridge appears to stand on conventional style abutments, suggesting that it has been moved These abutments also appear to be partly responsible for this bridge's sagging and eventual demise: they are slowly collapsing towards each other.
Above, this end of the bridge is still in good shape, the end is sitting on the abutment as it should.
Below, the other end, however, has shifted, and the bearing plate (visible at the bottom right) no longer sits on the abutment. Note the vertical channel, which was welded in directly above where the lower chord is sitting on the abutment.
Above, another view of the end with the repair.
Below, dry stacked stone wall behind the south abutment.
Above, looking north through the bridge. The best time to visit is in the winter months, as the bridge virtually disappears when the leaves come in on the trees. This is the only documented bridge standing today that was built by Oklahoma Iron Works, and is well worth visiting.