Built in 1912, this pin-connected Parker through truss carries 106th Street North in northern Tulsa County.
The first photo, below, gives a good overview of the bridge and its setting. Like many old bridges, this one sits up high and has an uphill approach at either end.
Above, a nice collection of plaques. This bridge was built by the Canton Bridge Co., of Canton, Ohio. R. K. Hughes was the bridge engineer. Mr. Hughes was probably an agent for the Canton Bridge Co. as well. For a bridge of the "Tin Bridge" era, this one is untypical heavy in its design and construction.
Below, portal shot looking through the bridge. You can clearly see the location of the three plaques pictured above. Note the lightweight steel deck. This bridge has a surprisingly high weight limit of 12 tons.
Above, like many bridges of this era, this one stands on riveted steel tubes filled with concrete called "Lally Columns".
Below, a look up into the sway bracing that connects the upper parts of the trusses.
Above, like many other bridge companies, Canton was simply a fabricator, and bought their material from others, such as Jones & Laughlin, as seen on the steel mark here. Some bridge companies did roll their own steel, however.
Below, detail of lower cord connection. Four eyebars per panel are used in this bridge.
Above, a view from on the deck. This is really a nice example of bridge building in the early 20th century and the condition of the bridge is remarkable. With its low-maintenance deck and ample load rating, we are keeping our fingers crossed that this one stays standing.