Built in 1927, this 80-foot long concrete arch spans an old alignment of US 60, east of Ponca City and about a mile south of Kaw Lake dam. This alignment was by-passed sometime in the 1960's.
Above, looking across the bridge. The bridge deck has a noticeable hump.
Below, this stamp was found on the curb at each end. The "S H C" stands for State Highway Commission, the predecessor to ODOT.
Above, a close view of the side. The side of the bridge has panel detailing, with the panels having a different finish than the frame around them. This little detailing adds a lot to an otherwise plain bridge.
Below, a close-up of the railings. These are the popular concrete "fence" style rail, which was popular for several decades in Oklahoma.
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.