This interesting bridge was built in 1925 by the Topeka Bridge Co., of Topeka Ks. It is a 2-span Luten arch constructed of poured concrete. Each span is 30 feet long. The concrete deck is 18 feet wide. Below, a view looking east.
Above and below, side views of this interesting bridge. Unfortunately, much of the ornamental concrete railing has fallen into the water below. The Luten arch was a patented bridge type characterized by the wide overhanging deck with support brackets. Another interesting note is how aggressively Mr. Luten prosecuted bridge companies that infringed upon his patent in the teens and 20's.
Above are the plaques mounted at either end of the bridge. One gives the names of county commissioners, the other the year and maker. William Clark was the engineer.
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.