The long defunct Midland Valley Railroad has left Osage County with a rich collection of abandoned railroad structures, such as this bridge south of Barnsdall on the old mainline. Built in 1905 by the Pennsylvania Steel Co., of Steelton, Pa, this is a massively constructed riveted Warren pony truss. Above, bridgehunter Ken Parker serves a scale at the endpost in this through view of the structure.
Below, builder's plaque.
Above, a side view of this impressive bridge.
Below, a view along the lower chord to the massive stone pier.
Above, and below, deck views of the massively built pony truss.
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.