Built in 1921, this bridge carried State Highway 7 from 1924 to 1929, and US 66 from 1926 to 1930.
Above, a view through the structure. This 60-foot long riveted Pratt pony span was built by J. O. Mathews. Below, a side view. Note the very light weight design of this bridge, and extensive use of angles.
Above, Illinois steel mark on an angle. Below, a deck view of the truss. This bridge also once carried the Ozark Trail. After 1930, US 66 traffic moved to this bridge.
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.