Now serving traffic on US 62 Business just west of Snyder, this bridge once carried mainline US 62. Built in 1931 by Roberts and Fisher, the bridge consists of an 80-foot long riveted Parker pony truss span and two steel stringer approaches with the old standard design concrete "fence" style railings and lattice rails on the truss span, all still intact after 78 years of service. Above is a general view looking east through the bridge. Below, the brass Federal Aid Project plaque, still on the wing wall endposts.
Above, a view of the bridge from the side. Below, close-up of the Parker pony. This was a popular design with highway engineers all throughout the truss bridge era in Oklahoma, because of its reliability and versatility.
Above, a final view of this fine old bridge. This bridge is flanked on both ends by steel stringer flood relief bridges of matching vintage and design. You can see the east relief bridge in the background in this and the first photo.
3802 0192 X
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.