Built in 1931, this bridge stands only 1-1/2 miles south of the Kansas state line. The bridge consists of a standard-design 60-foot Pratt pony truss flanked by steel stringer approaches. It was built by H. L. Cannady. The above image is a general view of the structure. Below, The Federal Aid Project plaque on one of the bridge's end wing posts.
Above, a side view of the truss span. Like many steel truss spans of the period, this one has lattice railings. Below, a side view of one of the approaches. The approaches and abutments still carry their original concrete railings with a panel detail on the posts.
Above, an angle view of the entire structure. Below, a deck view of the truss.
1802 1340 X
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.