Built in 1921 by the General Construction Co., St. Louis Mo., this 96 foot modified Pratt stands east of Durant across the Blue River.
Above, an overview of the bridge. This span is a state standard design and was built all over Oklahoma in lengths up to 120 feet. Unlike many, this one has a plain A-frame style portal. This bridge also features a steel stringer and concrete deck approach at each end.
Below, the nearly illegible builder's plaque
Below, a close-up of the truss itself. This design added greatly to the stiffness of the vertical compression members.
Back to Oklahoma Bridges.