By-passed in 1934 when the current US 64 bridge was built, this six-span poured concrete deck girder bridge was built circa 1920, making it one of the oldest state designed concrete bridges in Oklahoma. Above, a deck view of the bridge. This bridge serves as a pedestrian bridge in the middle of Sallisaw City Park, so access to the bridge for inspection/photographing is very easy. Below, view along the side of the bridge. This bridge features the very-often-used concrete "fence" style railing.
Above, a view from the current US 64 bridge. Below, the current US 64 bridge framed by the old one.
Above, another view from the side. The piers are monolithic poured-in-place, and widen considerably at the water line. The spans themselves are also entirely poured-in-place and feature 5 rows of beams cast integral with the deck.
Above and below, these two photographs show what is likely an abandoned abutment to a bridge that predates the 1920 structure. Apart from this abutment, no physical evidence for this earlier structure was found.